TERESA S. PIERCE
For Senate District 25
Running to represent Falmouth, Cumberland, Yarmouth (Majority), North Yarmouth, Gray, and Long Island in the Maine State Senate.
Teresa knows that there is more work to be done, and is committed to continuing to develop a robust economy, increasing the accessibility and affordability of Maine’s colleges and universities, investing in pre-kindergarten education, and protecting Maine’s uniquely beautiful environment and natural resources.
A TIRELESS ADVOCATE FOR HER COMMUNITY
Teresa has been a tireless advocate for the people of her community for the past 14 years. A 19-year resident of Falmouth, Teresa served for six years as a Falmouth Town Councilor, including two as chair. She is now serving her fourth term in the Maine House of Representatives. In the House, Teresa serves as the chair of the Joint Standing Committee on Appropriations and Financial Affairs. In this role, Teresa championed the passage of a strong bipartisan budget that included historic investments in property tax relief, 55 percent state funding for education, and protections for our natural resources.
Outside of her work as an elected official, Teresa has worked in the development field at the University of New England and other non-profit organizations for the past 20 years. She lives in Falmouth with her husband, Sam. They have two children, both of whom attended Falmouth public schools.
ON THE ISSUES
Teresa understands firsthand the importance of a strong public education. She believes that we need to invest in early education to help support working families and make sure our youth are ready before kindergarten. Teresa also supports ensuring access and affordability to Maine’s colleges and universities. In the legislature, Teresa championed historic investments in public education, including a full 55% investment in our public schools and increasing the funds available through the Maine State Grant program.
In order to strengthen our democracy, Teresa believes that we need to improve voting access, not limit it. That’s why she championed a bill to implement online voter registration in Maine. Her work to protect and expand voting rights earned her a 100% from Democracy Maine’s 2021 Legislative Scorecard.
Teresa believes that all Mainers deserve economic opportunity and supports policies to develop a robust economy. She supports economic-boosting infrastructure investments, such as rebuilding Maine’s roads and bridges and expanding access to broadband. She also believes that the government should create opportunities for Maine businesses to grow and encourage and support new businesses coming to Maine.
Teresa believes firmly in a woman’s right to choose what to do with her own body. At a time when Roe v. Wade is under threat, Teresa vows to protect abortion rights. She has a 100% rating from Planned Parenthood Maine Action Fund.
Maine has a unique and beautiful environment and Teresa will work to protect our natural resources while also supporting our heritage industries like lobstering, fishing, and more. This past year, Teresa led the charge to pass Maine’s supplemental budget, including a $40 million investment in the Land for Maine’s Future program to Maine’s land conservation efforts. She also supported a $50 million investment in Maine’s State Parks to better support outdoor recreation and tourism.
I am proud to be endorsed by the following organizations. I do not receive any funding from these organizations because I am a Clean Elections candidate.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Pierce will work for values that matter to Senate District 25 – Cathy Breen
- Pierce will work for unity in Senate District 25, Augusta – Janice Cooper
- Pierce is committed to communities- Susannah Swihart and Karl Turner
- Vote for Teresa Pierce and Amy Kuhn for state Legislature – Mary Pennell Nelson
- Former Falmouth councilor endorses Pierce for Maine Senate Sean Mahoney
- Pierce would serve all as Maine senator – Beth Franklin
- Pierce champions public education, STEM Andrea Maker
- State Senate candidate Pierce has long list of significant accomplishments – Janice de Lima
- Pierce has the skills to serve in the state Senate – Barbara Keefe
- Falmouth fortunate to have Pierce, Kuhn on ballot – Daniel Hildreth
- Yarmouth, other towns well-represented by Pierce – Erik Gundersen
- Pierce, Kuhn are experienced, skilled leaders – Tony Payne
- Pierce demonstrates strong leadership for Senate – Peter Lindsay
- Pierce, Kuhn will bring the right values to Augusta – Kristen Farnham
- Pierce, Kuhn will represent Falmouth’s interests in Legislature – Tony Payne
- Pierce, Kuhn support reproductive rights – Bonny Rodden
- Pierce is champion of public education – Alex Urquhart
- Pierce will lead on climate change, the environment as District 25 senator – Lindsay Hancock
- Senate District 25 candidate Pierce advocates for health of all Mainers – Julie Schirmer
WHY SHE’S RUNNING
In her time in the Legislature, Teresa has championed policies to benefit working families, protect the environment, and increase access to voting rights. However, she knows that the best of Maine is yet to come and we need creative solutions to address Maine’s 21st-century problems.
Teresa is an experienced leader and effective collaborator who will work tirelessly with her colleagues in the Senate to deliver results for Mainers. It’s time to make strong investments in our people, education, and environment to foster communities that allow all working people to thrive.